T: 07816 546061
Who should attend?
Teaching Assistants, Learning Mentors, Pre and After School Play Leaders, Lunchtime Supervisors and Nursery Staff.
This training meets the needs of staff who find themselves managing challenging behaviours in the classroom or during school activities.
This session will focus specifically on understanding why the behaviour is happening, and finding solutions to resolve it.
The session will address:
• What is challenging behaviour?
• Why challenging behaviour occurs?
• How can we develop strategies to respond positively to challenging behaviour?
• Identify positive responses for you to take back to your school.
• Produce a behaviour continuum to share in order to respond pro-actively to negative behaviours.
• How to recognise the importance of using de-escalation and working as a team.
• How to apply an understanding of the Legal Framework.
• Increased awareness of need to report and record incidents and to produce Positive Behaviour and Risk Assessment Plans